A “yes” answer to any of these questions might help determine your “need” based on bend-redmond habitat for humanity guidelines
- Have you attempted to move to better housing, or moved to avoid rent increases, or forced to stay due to lack of housing in the last 2 years?
- Is your need for improved housing based on obvious hazards such as unsafe neighborhood or unhealthy or unsafe living conditions?
- Does your current home have adequate plumbing, electricity, heating and cooling systems?
- Is your current home in good repair for protection against the elements?
- Are you paying 50% or more of your monthly income towards rent?
- Are you living with friends, relatives, or another family unit?
- Do you have more than two people per bedroom (counting the living room as a bedroom)?
- Have you been pre-qualified for a home loan only to find that there are few, to no homes, available in Bend in your loan amount?