Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity – Bend, OR
Director of Retail Operations
Qualifications This position requires a Bachelors Degree in a related field or five years of retail management experience, preferably in non-profit setting. Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity programs desired. Demonstrated ability to manage and lead individuals and work within teams. Individual needs to be highly collaborative, organized, and efficient. The ReStore Director must be able to effectively communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders including Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity staff members, families, board members, community partners, and volunteers.
Definition The Director of Retail Operations will be responsible for delivering budgeted sales and earnings. The ReStore Director is responsible for developing new sales strategies, control of expenses, personnel costs and other controllable costs. In addition, the ReStore Director in accordance with the objectives, policies, and directives set by the Board of Directors, provides overall leadership for the ReStore.
Reports to Executive Director
Examples of Duties
- Develop and implement and revisit store policies.
- Oversee store design and layout.
- Ensure all donors and customers are treated with respect.
- Oversee safety program and ensure compliance with SAIF, OSHA, HFHI and Lockton Affinity Insurance policies and recommendations.
- Manage facility and systems.
- Ensure store operations are efficient and profitable.
- Ensure cash controls are in place and adhered to. Stay vigilant and report financial anomalies to the Associate Executive Director when they occur.
- With assistance of Executive Director and Controller, create annual budget.
- Manage day–to-day accounting of payables and receivables at ReStore.
- Work with staff to ensure budget projections are met.
- Supervise Store Manager, Donations Manager and Volunteer Coordinator
- Oversee ReStore employee recruitment, wages, hiring, training, and terminations.
- Work closely with Store Manager to ensure employee management is legal, intentional and successful.
- In consultation with the Store Manager and HR, handle disciplinary actions.
- Assist in resolving customer service issues at ReStore.
- Develop partnerships with business and other community organizations.
- Serve as media contact for all ReStore activities and spokesperson for community events.
- Design and implement annual advertising and outreach campaigns in coordination with Development Department and consultants as needed.
- Oversee development of all marketing materials.
- Manage the Restore portion of Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity website.
Growth/Long Range Planning
- Responsible for adhering to ReStore strategic plan.
- Works to ensure steady and sustainable growth of ReStore.
Terms of Employment This is an Exempt position. The exact work calendar and salary will be determined by the Executive Director.
Evaluation Executive Director
To Apply: Please send resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
General Anti-Discrimination Policy
Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs an affordable place to live are welcome to help with our work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views. We welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds, and we serve people in need of affordable housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.