Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Position: Site Supervisor
- Reports Directly to: Construction Manager
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Wages: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Full-time, Benefits package
This position should have an extensive background in all phases of residential construction, especially craftsmanship and carpentry skills. Organizational skills and experience managing construction projects is a must. The candidate will need excellent communication and leadership skills to instruct unskilled volunteers in construction methods. The ideal candidate will be proficient in time management skills and have the ability to adjust as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to Construction Manager.
- Carries out all BRHFH Construction policies.
- Responsible to explain daily task, and awareness of potential safety issues.
- Provides logs of daily activity.
- Provides adequate supervision and training of volunteers and AmeriCorps on the job site. This includes holding an initial meeting with the volunteers at the beginning of the workday to discuss the plan for the day, assigning appropriate number of volunteers for the day’s tasks. This includes assuring that duties are not being performed by individuals of an inappropriate age group and may include hands-on training of unskilled volunteers.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of all sub-contractors, labor and materials on the build sites.
- Monitors the job for having the right amount of material and subcontractors on the job at all times.
- Collaborates on the purchase of materials with the Construction Manager.
- Coordinates the delivery of all material, checking against purchase orders.
- Coordinate with the construction manager for all invoices, returns and credits.
- Schedules and is present on the jobsite for all inspections. Coordinates with the Director of construction on permits and inspections.
- Follows plans for each house and works to integrate Gift in kind materials/labor, and volunteer labor
- Maintain a reasonable construction schedule.
- Inspects each phase of work to determine acceptable quality and that each trade is finished on schedule.
- Coordinates and communicates with the Volunteer Coordinator and Construction manager to secure necessary volunteers for workdays. This position must communicate needs for skilled volunteers in a timely fashion allowing sufficient time for Volunteer Coordinator to schedule such skilled volunteers.
- Tracks and solicits donations made on site and communicates these donations with the Construction Manager.
- Accountable for the safety and security of the job site.
- Seeks construction managers approval prior to any expenditure not covered in budget.
- Accountable for the job until 100% complete and sold to homeowner.
- After closing, supervisor is responsible for all workmanship follow-up work needed on the house (punch list).
- Complete the initial, 30 day, and 1 year walk through with the homeowner.
- Performs other appropriate activities and duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively and clearly with all parties
- Represents Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity on the build sites.
- Must have a positive attitude, and the ability to react quickly to changing priorities.
If interested please download and complete an employment application and send your resumé and application to email@example.com.Employment Application
General Anti-Discrimination Policy
Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs an affordable place to live are welcome to help with our work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views. We welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds, and we serve people in need of affordable housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.