Build sustainable solutions in the community. Gain valuable real-world experiences. Prepare for your future.
Why Habitat AmeriCorps?
- Raises your awareness of the social issues that face your community.
- Provides you an opportunity to learn and develop new skills and confidence.
- Helps you gain hands-on project management experience.
- Increases your knowledge of service and engagement.
- Maximizes your construction and homebuilding experience.
- Improves your performance at a future job.
You can help strengthen communities and families through your service.
In the last 15 years rental rates have increased by 97% in Deschutes County while household incomes have only increased by 18%. And, as our community continues to grow, the gap between wages and housing costs also grows and now, more than ever, we all need to work together to address our affordable housing crisis! You could be an integral part in helping us reach our goals to build more homes and to serve more families in Bend and Redmond
In your free time, Deschutes County is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts with easy access to skiing, mountain biking, running trails, rock climbing, kayaking and paddle boarding, road biking, mountain climbing, fishing, snowshoeing, and pretty much anything under the sun. We even have a surf wave.
So, come join our Habitat family and help us create safe, stable, energy efficient affordable housing while being a leader in our community and learning new skills!
- AmeriCorps National
A complete term of service lasts 46.5 weeks or approximately 10.5 months following a completion of 1,700 service hours.
- Bend-Redmond Habitat has up to (6) AmeriCorps National Construction Crew Leader positions available for the 2021-2022 service year.
- Bend-Redmond Habitat offers a housing stipend in addition to the living allowance offered by Americorps.
For more Information Contact:
Americorps Host Site Manager