You must watch this video before submitting your application for housing through the Habitat Program.
What are Client Intake Meetings?
Client Intake meetings are scheduled upon return of the intake form and completion of the soft pull report. The goal of meeting with a certified Homeownership Counselor is to set personal goals and determine your mortgage readiness for a home loan. Client whose goals are more long term will be referred to partnering agencies and resources.You will also have an opportunity to participate in a Facebook LIVE Homeownership Question and Answer session, held on the First Tuesday of each month from 12 – 12:30pm.
After the client intake appointment with Habitat staff, clients who are mortgage ready, near ready, or short term ready in their goals toward a home purchase will be invited to have a more detailed discussion about Habitat and the Homeownership Program. During this discussion, we will cover topics such as:
- Introduction to Habitat for Humanity
- Review of the Partnership Program Qualifications
- Discussion about affordable housing
- Overview of the Habitat Homeownership Program
- Outline of the timeline and selection process
- Additional steps towards purchasing your home will be outlined during the informational session.
- Due to COVID-19 Bend-Redmond Habitat is not hosting in-person information sessions.
- Please watch the information video and attend a Facebook LIVE Q&A in English and Spanish every first Tuesday of the month at noon.
- The next open application period will likely be in the Winter of 2020. The application period will be posted on all media sources, on our web page, and we will email all contacts.
- See the Housing Program Brochure: 2019-20 Bend-Redmond Housing Program Brochure
Applications are available one to two times per year in Bend and Redmond. Become a client by watching the Informational Video and submitting a Customer Intake Form. Once you are a client, you will be notified of open application periods. We also announce open application periods on this website, through our community partners and through all local media.