Bend-Redmond Habitat has open application periods for HOUSING IN BEND AND REDMOND throughout the year. We currently are NOT in an open application period.
If you are interested, we can reach out to you via the Homeowner Inquiry Form below.
What are Client Intake Appointments?
Client Intake appointments are scheduled upon return of the intake form and completion of the soft pull report. The goal of meeting with a certified Homeownership Counselor is to set personal goals and determine your mortgage readiness for a home loan. Client whose goals are more long term will be referred to partnering agencies and resources.
What are Information Sessions?
After the client intake appointment with Habitat staff, the information session is the next step for clients who are mortgage ready, near ready, or short term ready in their goals toward a home purchase.
What to Expect?
- Introduction to Habitat for Humanity
- Review of the Partnership Program Qualifications
- Discussion about affordable housing
- Overview of the Habitat Homeownership Program
- Outline of the timeline and selection process
- Additional steps towards purchasing your home will be outlined during the informational session.
Bend Housing Information Sessions will be held at our office(board room) at 224 NE Thurston Ave. at the following dates/times:
- March 4th 2020 at 5:30pm
- April 1st 2020 at Noon
- May 6th 2020 at 5:30pm
- June 3rd 2020 at Noon
RSVP to attend the Housing Information Session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The next open application period will likely be in the Winter of 2020. The application period will be posted on all media sources, on our web page, and we will email all contacts.
See the Housing Program Brochure: 2019-20 Bend Redmond Housing Program Brochure
February 11, 2020 – To all applicants in the current application period in both Bend and Redmond.
We are currently reviewing applications for Bend and Redmond Habitat Housing. You will receive one of three notices:
- Notice of application Verification (which means we have everything we need and that was asked for on the application)
- Notice of Incomplete: and a list of what is still needed along with a new deadline for submitting the items
- Adverse Action: Program denial if you do not meet the guidelines, and will include suggestions to improve mortgage readiness
February 19th and 20th: Committee Underwriting Review meeting.
- If applicants make it past this review, a Home Visit will be scheduled with two committee members. You will be notified and will receive a copy you will receive an overview of visit expectations.
February 20 through March 10th-ish: Home Visits
March 18th and 19th: Committee meets again to review Home Visits and select up to 7 qualified applicants for the program for each Bend and Redmond
Late March: Approval of selected families by Board of Directors or Executive Director
Late March/early April: Notification to Applicants
Questions? Please email: email@example.com